Website Willowglen Systems
Are you looking for a new career challenge? Do you desire to work in the technology industry and still be able to have a balanced work-life? Do you want to work for an established company with a global presence? Does the idea of working on new technology, including Machine Learning and IoT excite you? If so, this opportunity may be perfect for you.
Willowglen is looking for a Solutions Architect to be part of a first-class team. The key to being successful in this position will be your innovation, passion for new and interesting work and your ability to meet deadlines! Of course, teamwork and quality are very important to us. The Solutions Architect works with the internal team and clients around the globe to understand the overall vision and come up with innovative solutions to solve complex problems that align with systems engineering best practices.
Job Title: Solutions Architect
Number of Positions: 1
Location: Edmonton, Alberta (Head Office) / Calgary
Type: Full Time
Experience: 7+ years of industrial experience
What You’ll Do
- Design, customize, and monitor the implementation of enterprise SCADA control center solutions that fulfill customer’s operational performance needs
- Create architecture solution design deliverables consistent with the Solution Architecture Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Review customers’ existing systems and recommend design improvements
- Perform comprehensive reviews of solution artifacts such as design reports and interface communication documents
- Assist software application developers and other project resources defining specific solution components with technical issues and decisions consistent with architecture standards and plans
- Raise project risks when project solutions deviate from the original plan
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of the processes and tools used by Willowglen to manage the enterprise architecture
- Engage with software development, IT operations personnel, and other subject matter experts
- Facilitate internal and customer meetings
- Work with sales teams on the development of technical solution bids and quotes
What You’ll Have
- Proven Complex Problem Solver: Able to look into an issue with large unknowns and break it up into smaller more tractable issues.
- Able to pick up and utilize new technologies and concepts in very short time frames.
- Effectively communicate technical issues, concepts, solutions to non-technical people so as to build consensus, trust, and decisions.
- BSc in Engineering, Computer Science, or comparable area of studies – or equivalent.
- Skilled in system design and delivery methodology (TOGAF, IEC15288, or equivalent)
- Discipline, organizational and time management skills to work with a high amount of autonomy while delivering results.
- Experience with the following technologies:
- SQL and No-SQL databases (Redis, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, SQLite)
- Streaming technologies (Kafka, Redis Streams)
- UNIX based operating systems (RedHat, CentOS)
- Messaging Queues (MQTT, RabbitMQ)
- Virtualization, Containers and Container Orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker, RKE2)
- Machine Learning
- Canadian Resident, based in Alberta
Willowglen Systems offers great benefits such as comprehensive Health and Dental coverage, paid time off, paid volunteering time, Tuition reimbursement, wellness program and flexible schedule. We encourage a balanced work-life and provide opportunities for training and growth.
Willowglen Systems (www.willowglensystems.com) has serviced the global automation industry with pioneering technology for over 50 years. With our product development teams proudly centred in our Canadian head office, Willowglen is a company built upon the pillars of innovation, reliability, outstanding customer service, and corporate social responsibility. We have a long history of strong working relationships with our customers, partners, and industry experts – developed through our commitment to teamwork and providing superior, award-winning solutions, and community-mindedness.
Willowglen Systems Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.