Ramin has over 20 years of experience in industrial automation systems and solutions. As an automation engineer, he has worked on several significant projects with Distributed Control Systems, Programmable Logic Controllers, and Integrated Control Systems.
Safety is paramount, and Ramin is passionate about new standards and technologies for safety and security. From the hazardous area classification (HAZLOC) to the Safety Integrity Level (SIL), he keeps himself up to date by attending seminars, training, and technical forums. Ramin believes cybersecurity is also a safety component and considers it a priority to protect the automation systems, OT devices and networks from digital attacks.
His area of expertise is
- Industrial control systems and programming
- Robotics and simulation
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) in automation industries
- Functional safety systems, including SIL and PL concepts
Ramin is the Business Alliance Director at Willowglen Systems, covering multi-regional accounts in the transportation and energy industries. He assists the stakeholders with Willowglen’s flagship SCADA solution to improve operational efficiency, increase safety and security, and create sustainable solutions for their projects.
- BComm, Management and Marketing from the University of Alberta
- Bronze Certification from Sandler